Friday, July 16, 2010

Sam Leavitt


Samuel I. Leavitt

Current DCI Ranking
Standard: 1690

I have known Sam for a bit and he is my go to guy on my drive home from work. So everyday that I drive myself home from my awesome job I get an opportunity to speak with Sam. Sam and I rarely see eye to eye on Magic Strategy, Religion, or more importantly... card choices. So in order to better understand Sam I conducted a five minute interview with Sam today over the phone. Here is my recolection of the conversation.

Hey Sam, I was wondering what your favorite set was?
Sam: What?
Joe: What is your favorite set?
Sam: Oh, Mercadian Masques (I think he mispronounces mercadian too… I have to look that one up)
Joe: What is your favorite card?
Sam: I almost said false prophet… l think it’d be plagiarize.
Joe: What do you think of the magic color pie right now?
Sam: I think Red is like 33-38% of the pie instead of the 20% it should be.
Joe: How long have you played?
Sam: Since Ice Age
Joe: What is your favorite block?
Sam: It’d have to be mercadian masques (He said it again… I really think it is a hard C in mercadian)
Joe: What is your favorite food?
Sam: Chinese
Joe: Have you ever had Fried Scryb Sprite?
Sam: Hahaha, no I haven’t.
What is your favorite magic moments?
Sam: When you sideboard perfectly… like when your opponent Dragonstorms and you play that card that doesn’t let them search their libraries
Joe: Shadow of a doubt
Sam: yeah.

Say Hi to Sam next time you see him and conduct you own interview yourself. Ladies... he is single ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment